Friday, July 11, 2008

Sugar Plums Dancing in My Head, Ed. #6 (UPDATED)

A recurring compendium of serious and (mostly) frivolous thoughts bouncing through my brain at any given moment.

Shane can be "First Gent"



If digtal altering can work for Iran, why can't it work for me?

Tejas
Shane & I are flying to San Antonio on Tuesday to visit his parents and brother. Kian & Sadie have been down there already for quite some time, so it will be really nice to get everybody together for some summer fun.

We'll be going to Port Aransas and "The Hill Country" around Fredricksburg, I think (don't ask me: I'm a native New Yorker), in addition to hanging in San Antonio. I have (rather pushily) insisted that we go to Mac and Ernies; any other restaurant recommendations?

(Also on my agenda: Schlitterbahn.)

Loan Co. Woes
If Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac go under, could they take Sallie Mae with them, so all my grad school debt is erased? (Also, why would a loan company adopt a name that makes it sound like an extra on Hee-Haw?)

Pageant in Palmyra
The Hill Cumorah pageant starts this weekend! I've never been but have long wanted to check it out. It's a huge deal, as evinced by the introductory music on the website. I've refreshed the page a number of times just to keep listening to it; it's awesomely Ben-Hur.


C is for the New York Times' Cookie
Everyone is emailing this recipe for chocolate chip cookies. It takes Jacques Torres' basic recipe and throws in a couple of different suggestions -- chill in the fridge for 24+ hours, sprinkle dough with sea salt before baking -- to create an uber-cookie. Has anyone given it a try yet? (Oh, wait. Yes, you have.)

Ring of Pleasure
If I ever give birth, this is the kind I want to have (probably NSFW).

1 comment:

ServesYouRight said...

This is quite hilarious! Truth is stranger than fiction!!

Smita