Monday, March 05, 2007

Weekend Cookbook Challenge #14 Submission: Midinette




Of all cookbooks I have, a plain, black binder from Peter Kump's Cooking School is my favorite. It's stuffed with class recipes, and its pages retain scribbled notes, oil splashes, and traces of ancient flour.

Though it's an amazing book, it usually lies untouched on the bookshelf. When I think of its recipes, I remember its seafood risotto, banana souffle, osso bucco -- not dishes eaten on a normal workday. Nor is it as colorful as its other cookbook neighbors: Nick Magleri's Chocolate, Barbara Kafka's Roasting, Amy Sedaris' I Like You.

WCC#14 seemed like the perfect opportunity to both remember why it's so good and to find simpler, untried recipes.

It's recipe for Midinette could not be simpler. Or more delicious.

Midinette
Julienne of apples, chicken, celery, Gruyere cheese; mayonnaise thinned with vinaigrette.

Combine ingredients and toss. Season with salt and pepper.


Grade: A

2 comments:

Lis said...

That does sound delicious. And I agree.. simple is usually right on the money! =)

Peabody said...

I think I would give this an A too.