Thursday, May 28, 2009

Strawberry Rhubarb Tart


If you've been looking for a recipe that shows off the bright, brilliant flavors of both strawberries and rhubarbs, that looks gorgeous on the plate and, of course, is lip-smackingly delicious, look no further.

It's so good that Kian has asked if he could have one, all to himself, for his birthday.

I think I can make that happen.


Strawberry Rhubarb Tart (source)

Pie dough (either homemade or store bought)
2 cups sliced rhubarb
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. water
3/4 tsp. cinnamon, divided
3 cups sliced strawberries
1 Tbsp. sugar


Preheat oven to 400-degrees F. Press dough into bottom and up sides of a 10-inch removable-bottom tart pan. Line bottom of dough with a piece of foil; arrange pie weights or dried beans on foil. Bake for 5 minutes, remove pie weights and foil and bake an additional 5 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.

Combine rhubarb, 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, water, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and stir in strawberries. Spoon strawberry mixture into prepared crust. Combine 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of sugar; sprinkle evenly over tart.

Place tart on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack.

4 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

i don t blame him I wouls also wish to have one big one for myself . It looks so so good!

Elyse said...

Oh man, this tart looks FANTASTIC. Perfectly summery and oh so delicious. What a great sweet treat. Sorry I've been away for the past week; I had a good friend in town and wasn't able to do much on the computer. I'm back now, though :)

Koekkener said...

I like your comment because of the content and its beautiful and yummy food. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

This Strawberry Rhubarb Tart looks delicious. I was craving for something sweet and now that I have seen this tart I just want to have it all. It is a superb tart that everyone will crave for. Not only Kian but I also want to have one of this for my birthday. Thanks for the recipe- I will try it out this weekend.

Irina