Monday, May 21, 2007

Jumble of thoughts, plus a nudge about RRC#7



RRC#7's deadline for submission is in two weeks (Sunday, June 3 at 11:59pm EST); I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!

We're in NYC right now, and visited L&B's Spumoni Gardens yesterday with my cousin Matt, his wife Catherine, and their new daughter Fiona (who is just adorable. I know everyone says that about babies, but let's face it, not all babies are - in fact, a lot aren't - but Fiona really is adorable.)


Anyway, the pizza is good, but the highlight was the spumoni: perfect little scoops of flavorful, creamy goodness piled into flexible paper cups. We ordered the rainbow spumoni (chocolate, vanilla, pistachio) but if we go back (it's kind of a schlepp), I'd just get a scoop of the chocolate and a scoop of the pistachio -- really, really great stuff.
Also, the people watching can not be beat.


So that's it: this will be the last post for a while (two weeks?) as Shane & I are flying to Moscow this afternoon for the tour. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun on the trip Laura! We'll miss you around here while we plod along in our boring little lives.

I'm jealous, really I am...

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

Have, take lots of pix, and bring back some Russian recipes.