Friday, February 22, 2008

Baked Spaghetti Romanoff



I am so sick of winter.

I'm tired of the snow. I'm tired of being cold. I'm tired of it getting dark before dinner time.

And just when I thought that we were out of the woods ("Hey! There are buds on those trees!"), we get hit with a snow storm.

The only thing to do is have a casserole for dinner -- a hot, creamy, cheesy casserole -- and eat it curled up on the couch with a warm blanket and a glass of something that warms you from the inside out.

Note: with the exception of the cheddar cheese I topped things with, this is a lightened- up recipe from the Courier-Journal. For a richer flavor, use full fat products!

Baked Spaghetti Romanoff

3 cups cooked, protein-enriched spaghetti, hot
1 cup 99 percent-fat-free cottage cheese
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/8 teaspoon dried)
2 tablespoons chopped onions (or 2 teaspoons dried)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash Tabasco sauce
3 tablespoons shredded, grated extra-sharp Romano cheese
2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350-degrees F and lightly oil a casserole dish.

Combine hot spaghetti in a casserole with remaining ingredients except bread crumbs and cheddar cheese. Sprinkle top with bread crumbs and bake 30 to 35 minutes. Sprinkle casserole with cheddar and bake for another 5 minutes or until melted.
Serves 6.

7 comments:

Lidian said...

This sounds really good, I will have to try this - I imagine it would freeze pretty well, too, which would be great for me!

Gretchen Noelle said...

This sounds good and it sounds easy to put together!

Anonymous said...

I always did prefer Romanoff to Stroganoff.

But the reason I popped by was to tag you!

So TAG! You're it. View the details of the meme HERE

Peabody said...

Mmmm, super yummy comfort food!

Madam Chow said...

Boy, that looks soooooo good!

Deborah said...

I agree with you - I'm tired of winter!! This dish would help comfort me through the winter blues, though...

Connie T. said...

I happened to come across your blog through Google Reader. I like it. I want to make this dish. I will be back to read more. I put up a lot of cooking videos on mine too.