Saturday, April 22, 2006

Giada's Lemon Spaghetti


AliCat over at Something So Clever made this and gave it a thumbs up, so I thought I’d give it a try. It’s very good – a light, summery meal. And so very easy to make. (I didn’t add any basil because I forgot to buy some; it was still delicious.)

Giada De Laurentiis’ Lemon Spaghetti

1 lb. spaghetti
2/3 c. olive oil (I used extra virgin)
2/3 c. grated Parmesan
1/2 c. fresh lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbs. lemon zest
1/3 c. chopped fresh basil leaves

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until it is tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Whisk the lemon juice, oil, and Parmesan in a bowl to blend.

Drain the pasta and reserve approximately 1 c. of the pasta water. Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce, and pasta water, adding 1/4 c. at a time as needed to moisten. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon zest and chopped basil.

Grade: A

2 comments:

Ziz said...

glad you liked it too! :o)

Ziz said...

Glad you liked it! I always forget to buy the basil too. :o)